love food & live well, by chantel hobbs (waterbrook)

This book on losing weight and feeling fit is based on what the author calls the 80/20 rule–be disciplined and conscientious about what you eat 80 percent of the time and treat yourself to whatever you want the remaining 20 percent of the time.

I like the idea and I like the fact that the message comes from someone who herself lost some hundred pounds or more. Full of practical suggestions and gentle admonishment, the book makes losing weight seem doable.

My only criticism of the book is that everything that had to be said could have been said in half the number of pages. In many places, it seems to drag on and on, going somewhat off the topic.

Other than that, it’s a good book. Unlike a lot of quacky diet books on there, this one makes sense.

(I received this book free from Waterbrook. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.)