Some days begin with such hurriedness that I leave Common Sense behind and find myself relearning old lessons. Lessons like . . .
1. A to-do list is of little use when it isn’t with you.
2. If you’re closer to menopause than you are to puberty, eating a whole can of Pringles is a death wish.
3. When you are chopping fresh jalepenos, keep your fingers off your face and neck.
4. When lifting five giant cases of anything into the trunk of your car, first make sure you’ve emptied your trunk.
5. When you’re too tired to drive, red could look like green.